September 18th 2012 02:53 am
It’s just 4months plus since the launch of Samsung Galaxy s3 with the funny lame tagline “Designed for humans”, now we got some hints of what to be expected for Galaxy S4. Do note that these are early speculations based on information derived from an unnamed Samsung executives.
Samsung planned to reveal the new Galaxy high end phone as early as February 2013 during the Mobile World Congress 2013. This is what they did for Galaxy S2 in the year 2010. However Samsung did something different for this year’s Galaxy S3. They remained very tight-lipped and it wasn’t till May that we got a taste of the 3rd generation of Galaxy from Samsung.
From the sources, it was hinted to be build with a curved display but this remains to be seen as Samsung display is facing production issues. It is also hinted to be bumped up from the current 4.8inch to 5.0inch screen size. That’s very awkward I would say as 4.8inch is the sweet spot for smartphone display, anything from 5inch onwards will be classified as phablet.
OK here’s the fun part, this will be my very own speculation of what to be expected for next year’s Samsung Galaxy S4 hardware specifications:
- Exynos 5 SoC; featuring completely new CPU architecture. Expect a 2-4 times of the CPU processing power of Galaxy S3.
- ARM Mali-T604 GPU core; this new graphics core will trash your Galaxy S3 graphics. Expect 200-300% of improvements over Galaxy S3 graphics core Mali-400.
- 2GB RAM; Memory is an issue for power users using the Galaxy S3, the 1GB in the international variant of Galaxy S3 is choking the phone badly when you multitask few resource heavy apps simultaneously.
- Curved display; it will make S4 an instant hit if Samsung is able to make one.
- 13MP rear camera; definitely no brainer,
- Kevlar casing; this is highly speculative, I really hope Samsung build one with it as it will make it one of the toughest phone available.
- Android 4.2/ Android 5.0 a.k.a Key Lime Pie; Given that the nomenclature of Google’s Android next iteration of their mobile OS isn’t yet revealed yet, this will be the name that most tech sites gonna use.
So what’s your view on this specifications for the upcoming Samsung flagship Galaxy S4? Or you have your own speculation of the specifications? Write it all down at the comments section below.
1 Comment »